Where to stay...
A block of rooms has been reserved in Orange, at:
Holiday Inn Express
750 Round Hill Drive
540 672 6691
Group Code: SKW
Best Western Plus
Charlottesville Airport Inn and Suites
5920 Seminole Trail
434 985 1855
A block of rooms has been reserved in Charlottesville, at:
235 West Main Street
434 971 5500
Guests may also choose to stay at::
Red Roof Inn
1309 West Main Street
434 295 4333
Courtyard Marriot - University Medical Center
1201 West Main Street
434 977 1700
A shuttle will be provided from the Omni Hotel in Charlottesville and the Best Western in Ruckersville to bring guests to the Inn at Westwood Farms for the ceremony and reception. Please let us know if you'd like a ride here! Check with the front desk when you arrive to confirm the shuttle pick-up time.
Please join us the next day for a goodbye brunch at the Omni Hotel in Charlottesville, in the central atrium, between 8-10am. Let us know if you can join us here!
Things to explore...
- Monticello – Visit for the house or garden tour, or to wander the grounds on your own for a great view of Charlottesville in the fall.
- The Lawn, University of Virginia – The Lawn at the University of Virginia was designed by Thomas Jefferson and houses students and professors. Be sure to see the Dome Room of the Rotunda, and the gardens behind each of the Pavilions.
- The Downtown Mall, Charlottesville – Main Street Charlottesville was bricked over as a pedestrian mall in the 1970s. It features many restaurants, stores, and concert venues, and is a great place to wander.
- Montpelier – Montpelier was the home of James Madison, and is open for garden and house tours. It is just minutes from the Inn at Westwood Farms, outside of Orange, VA.
Vineyards, Breweries (and Cider!)
- Jefferson Vineyards – Just around the corner from Monticello – be sure to hear the story of the site's connection to Jefferson.
- Blenheim Vineyards – Close to Jefferson Vineyards, another great option for tasting local wines.
- Afton Mountain Vineyard – Tucked into the Blue Ridge Mountains, this vineyard offers amazing a scenic drive (if you can find it).
- Barboursville Vineyards – Barboursville offers more beautiful scenery, and is conveniently halfway between Charlottesville and Orange!
- Blue Mountain Brewery – A great brewery featuring seasonal brews, outdoor seating, and delicious bar food.
- Starr Hill Brewery – The most popular local beer is known for its Amber Ale, and it’s Double IPA.
- Albemarle Ciderworks – Refreshing cider, made from heirloom apple varieties, and fermented in the fashion of 18th Century ciders.
Restaurants (and Cider!)
- The Local – Just seconds from our home in Belmont, this is one of our favorite spots for a fresh, local, and delicious dinner.
- Mas – A tapas bar, this popular spot is also in the Belmont neighborhood. Mas is known for its sangria – and we suggest the boquerones!
- Tavola – Rounding out the Belmont restaurant scene, Tavola is a great Italian restaurant, featuring homemade pasta.
- Bizou – We started our weekly "date night" tradition at Bizou during our third year in school. Located on the Downtown Mall, this is a great spot to eat.
- Michael's Bistro + Tap House – Located on The Corner, near the University, Michael’s has a small balcony that offers a good spot for people watching, and a substantial beer list.